- Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila, 30th Street, Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines
Jul 08, 2018 - Jul 08, 2018
Poster above and information are provided by event organizer verbatim.
Now in its third year, the Vertical World Circuit will be returning to the Philippines for the Kerry Sports Manila Vertical Run 2018 with EastWest Bank. This international stair climbing race circulates iconic cities around the world including Seoul, Paris, New York, Beijing, Shanghai, Osaka, London and Hong Kong is scheduled to take place in Manila on 8 July 2018, at Shangri-La at the Fort, one of the tallest buildings in Manila. With runners racing up 59 floors, conquering 1,353 steps to a height of 250 meters, the Kerry Sports Manila Vertical Run 2018 with EastWest Bank serves as the official Vertical World Circuit Philippine Leg.
The run will offer five categories:
• Full Challenge – Php 1,500 per person for 59 floors. The minimum age requirement: 18 years old.
• Corporate/Team Challenge – Php 6,000 for a team of four (4) persons for 59 floors. The minimum age requirement: 18 years old.
• Horizon Challenge – Php 1,200 per person for 37 floors. The minimum age requirement: 12 years old.
• Fun Climb – Php 1,200 per person for 20 floors. The minimum age requirement: 10 years old.
• Elite category will have professional runners that will participate in each leg around the globe and will climb up all 59 floors. This category is by invitation only.
All race kits include: race bib with timing chip, event t-shirt, finisher’s medal and other items from event sponsors.
Complimentary Conditioning Training Program every Saturday of June 2018
A new addition to this year’s run is a complimentary conditioning training program which will be held every Saturday of June 2018 from 9 am to 10 am in the Arena basketball court at Kerry Sports Manila. The training sessions are open to all participants who have signed up for the run. Participants will need to present their confirmation email to avail of the complimentary conditioning training sessions.
Registration open until July 4, 2018
There are two ways to register for the Kerry Sports Manila Vertical Run 2018 with EastWest Bank:
• Participants can go to www.manilaverticalrun.com and fill in the online registration form.
• Register over the counter at Kerry Sports Manila in Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila.
Race Kit Collection:
All participants must attend the Race Kit Collection to pick up their race kit & goodie bag.
• Dates & Times:
o 12PM-9PM, 6 July 2018 (Friday)
o 11AM-6PM, 7 July 2018 (Saturday)
o Kerry Sports Manila, Level 6, 3rd Avenue cor. 30th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.
• Team Challenge Race Kit Collection arrangements:
o Please designate one representative to pick up the race kit on behalf of the whole team (4 race kits)
Race Day Schedule (Tentative)
Sunday, 8 July 2018 / Location: Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila
• 9:30am – Elite Male
• 9:32am – Elite Female
• 9:35am – Horizon Challenge: 37 Floors
• 9:50am – Team Challenge: 59 Floors
• 10:00am – Full Challenge: 59 Floors
• 11:45am – Fun Climb: 20 Floors
• 12:30pm – Awards Ceremony
The 2018 Vertical World Circuit schedule is as follows: Seoul – 13 May, Paris – 24 May, New York – 3 June, Manila – 8 July, 25 August, Beijing – 25 August, Shanghai – 21 October, Osaka – 4 November, London – 24 November, Hong Kong – 2 December.
The Kerry Sports Manila Vertical Run 2018 with EastWest Bank is organized by: Shangri-La at the Fort, Vertical World Circuit and the International Skyrunning Federation; Sponsored by: De Los Santos Medical Center, Life Fitness, Matrix with Media Partners: Active Pinas, ESPN5, MBody.ph, SPIN.PH and WhenInManila.com.
Past Winners and Background of the Run
Last year’s Elite category winners, Piotr Łobodziński from Poland, and Suzy Walsham from Australia will also be returning this year to defend their title as Kerry Sports Manila Vertical Run Champions. Łobodziński previously raced to the top of the building in 6 minutes and 19 seconds while Walsham reached it in 7 minutes and 39 seconds.
Stair climbing, first known as “vertical races” in the 1970s, is now a global sport with stair climbing clubs hailing from the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, as well as professional athletes who train year-round to be the first to reach the top of the world’s tallest buildings. Although still a relatively new sport, stair climbing has quickly caught on with fitness enthusiasts attracted not only by the physical demands of this grueling sport but by also the novelty of competing in unique urban settings – the world’s tallest structures, some of the tallest of which are located here in Asia.
Stay up to date
For updates on Kerry Sports Manila and Vertical Run 2018 follow Kerry Sports Manila on Facebook at facebook.com/KerrySportsManila and Instagram @KerrySportsManila. For inquiries, please call (63 2) 820 0888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visitwww.manilaverticalrun.com.